International Transient Study is for students on F-1 or J-1 visa status, with less than 64 academic credit hours, who seek to return to their country of origin during the summer following their freshman year.
Eligibility for International Transient Study
To apply for International Transient Study, students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the end of preceding semester
- Have fewer than 64 credit hours (Oxford students must be freshman who are planning to return to Oxford to finish their degree following their International Transient Studies)
- Be in good academic standing
- Be enrolled full-time at Emory College or Oxford the semester prior and following their studies in home country
- Be enrolling in an accredited university or institution in their home country
- Be on J-1 or F-1 visa status in the USA (and can provide a copy of I-20 or DS 2019 form)*
- Have less than 24 transfer credit hours on their Emory transcript (including the hours you plan to take during your transient study summer)
A SPECIAL NOTE:
- Emory students are permitted to enroll in up to 10 credit hours per summer session (two summer sessions maximum)
- Oxford students are permitted to enroll in maximum 7 credit hours total
- If you are not on a J-1 or F-1 visa, please contact Emory College Study Abroad to see if you still are eligible--Students must provide proof of foreign nationality
For students interested in enrolling in an Economics
, please be sure to provide back-up courses as courses may not be approved.
For more information, please see the detailed FAQ's here
1. Click the 'Apply Now' button
2. Fill out all Questionnaires and electronically sign all Signature Documents.
3. Bring non-refundable $100 application fee to the Study Abroad office IN THE FORM OF CHECK OR MONEY ORDER to complete your application. If your application is not fully complete, it will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program or application process, please contact Ebony Ellis, Emory College Study Abroad Advisor: email@example.com