THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2023 INTERNATIONAL TRANSIENT STUDY IS APRIL 15, 2023. YOUR APPLICATION, INCLUDING ALL COURSE APPROVAL REQUESTS, MUST BE COMPLETED BY APRIL 15TH.
International Transient Study is for students on F-1 or J-1 visa status, with fewer than 64 academic credit hours, who seek to return to their country of origin during the summer following their freshman year.
Eligibility for International Transient Study
To apply for International Transient Study, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be on J-1 or F-1 visa status in the USA (and can provide a copy of I-20 or DS 2019 form)*
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the end of preceding semester
- Have completed their freshman year at Emory and will be returning to complete their sophomore year (Oxford students must be freshman who are planning to return to Oxford to finish their degree following their International Transient Study)
- Have completed fewer than 64 credit hours
- Be in good academic standing
- Be enrolled full-time at Emory College or Oxford the semester prior and following their studies in home country
- Be enrolling in an accredited university or institution in their home country
- Have fewer than 18 transfer credit hours on their Emory transcript (including the hours you plan to take during your transient study this summer)
*If you are not studying at Emory on a J-1 or F-1 visa, please start an application for International Transient Study and complete (1) the International Transient Study Appeal Process questionnaire and (2) the International Transient Study Host Institution Information questionnaire. Once you have completed both of these questionnaires, please email the Office of International and Summer Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org,
with Subject: International Transient Study Appeal
) to review your appeal request. In cases where students have lived in multiple locations abroad, 'home country' or 'country of origin' is defined as the country where the student completed their high school education.
A SPECIAL NOTE:
- Emory students are permitted to enroll in up to 10 credit hours per summer session (two summer sessions maximum)
- Oxford students are permitted to enroll in a maximum 7 credit hours total
For students interested in enrolling in an Economics
course, please be sure to provide back-up courses, as Economics courses may not be approved.
For more information, please see view the International Transient Study overview presentation and/or review the detailed FAQs here.
1. Click the 'Apply Now' button.
2. Complete all checklist items (fill out all Questionnaires and electronically sign all Signature Documents) in your online International Transient Study application. Please note that you must also submit the International Transient Study Course Approval Form for Emory College academic department review of your proposed International Transient Study courses. This form is accessible through your online International Transient Study application.
3. Pay your non-refundable $100 application fee to Office of International and Summer Programs (payable by credit card ONLINE or by check or money order) to complete your application. If you are unable to pay your application fee online by credit card, please email email@example.com regarding alternate payment options (Subject: ITS Application Fee Options).
You will not be able to submit your application until you have completed all requirements. If your application is not fully complete, it will not be reviewed.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program or application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org