Application Deadline for Form Submission and Course Approval Submissions is August 17th
This Fall 2020 International Transient Study application form is for Emory College students who are F1 visa-holders and who are not
in residence in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester.
Eligibility for Fall 2020 International Transient Study
To apply for Fall 2020 International Transient Study, students must meet the following criteria*:
- Be an Emory College or Oxford College student who is not in residence in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester (this form does not apply to Goizueta Business School students)
- Be on F-1 visa status in the USA (and can provide a copy of I-20 form)
- Be enrolling in an accredited university or institution in their home country
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at Emory/Oxford at the end of preceding semester
- Be in good academic standing at Emory/Oxford
- Were enrolled full-time at Emory College or Oxford in Spring 2020 and plan to enroll full-time at Emory College in Spring 2021
*If you are a continuing Emory College or Oxford College student who does not meet all of the above requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information: (1) which of the eligibility requirement(s) you do not meet; (2) why you do not meet this requirement(s); and (3) your reason(s) for requesting an exemption to the eligibility policy. Exceptions will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- Emory College students who are F1 visa-holders and who are not in residence in the United States for the Fall 2020 semester may enroll in up to 2 courses (equivalent to 8 Emory credit hours) at institutions in their home countries and earn transfer credit.
- Students can also be enrolled in Emory College and take online courses. Student may not take more than 20 credit hours between both the Emory and international transient study courses during the Fall 2020 semester. For example, the maximum number of hours you could take would be 12 credit hours of online courses with Emory and 8 credit hours from an institution in your home country.
- Students who are not planning to take a minimum of 12 Emory credits online should contact their Emory ISSS advisor for guidance on how this could impact their F-1 student status.
- Students will need to contact universities directly to find out their process for admitting visiting students. Not all of institutions will be able or willing to admit students for transient study.
- The usual restrictions related to earning transfer credit after reaching 64 credit hours will be waived for F-1 students studying at home during Fall 2020.
- The 8 credits that can be earned during the Fall 2020 semester through this International Transient Study option will be counted and permitted as credit earned above and beyond the Emory College transfer credit maximum limit.
- Students may seek major, minor, or GER credit for their Fall 2020 International Transient Study courses (subject to departmental approval). Students may not take PE courses, earn a writing requirement, or do an internship for this credit.
- Click the 'Apply Now' button.
- Complete all checklist items (fill out Questionnaires and electronically sign all Signature Documents). If your application is not fully complete, it will not be reviewed.
- Submit the International Transient Study Course Approval Form for Emory College review of your proposed Fall 2020 international transient study courses. You must create a Fall 2020 International Transient Study application to access this form.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program or application process, please contact email@example.com