**UPDATE: Deadline for the Emory application has been extended to November 10th, 2020.
The Yonsei-Direct Spring 2021 program is for Emory College students who hold an F-1 visa and Korean citizenship.
F-1 visa holders with Korean citizenship across all academic levels may submit this application to study at Emory’s partner, Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea, a full-time basis for the Spring 2021 and earn direct Emory credit through Yonsei's Visiting Student Program. For more information about course options, please view Yonsei's course catalog
Emory students must first complete this Emory application by October 26th. Qualified students will then be nominated and need to complete a secondary enrollment process with Yonsei's Visiting Student Program
(Institution/University option) by October 31st.
Eligibility for Spring 2021 Yonsei-Direct Program
*If you are a continuing Emory College or Oxford College student who does not meet all of the above requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: (1) which of the eligibility requirement(s) you do not meet; (2) why you do not meet this requirement(s); and (3) your reason(s) for requesting an exemption to the eligibility policy. Exceptions will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Submission of a request does not guarantee approval.
- Be an Emory College or Oxford College student (this program is not open to Goizueta Business School students)
- Be on F-1 visa status in the USA
- Be a Korean citizen (and can provide a copy of their Korean passport or other national ID)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at Emory at the end of preceding semester (applicants in their first year at Emory must be on track to earn at least a 2.5 GPA)
- Be in good academic standing at Emory
- Be enrolled full-time at Emory in Fall 2020
- Click the 'Apply Now' button.
- Complete all checklist items (fill out Questionnaires, submit Materials, and electronically sign all Signature Documents) by November 10th. This includes completion of the academic advisor approval and course approval forms. If your application is not fully complete, it will not be reviewed.
- Once your Emory application has been reviewed and approved, Emory College Study Abroad will "nominate" you to Yonsei University's visiting students program. You will then receive instructions by e-mail from Yonsei that detail the steps and materials you must submit to complete Yonsei's secondary enrollment process. This secondary enrollment process with Yonsei must be completed by November 15th.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program or application process, please contact Katherine Culley, Program Coordinator in the Office of International and Summer Programs (OISP), at email@example.com