Late applications for summer 2018 may be considered. Please contact Kate Dawson
- Experience a variety of learning, including classroom lectures, cultural activities, day trips, research, and more
- Fulfill credit for 2 sociology electives, as well as 1 elective for the Global Health minor, Predictive Health minor, and Human Health major
- Complete an ongoing, individual research project
- Bring the classroom to life by visiting a variety of health and healthcare related sites throughout London
- London is truly a global city and international capital of culture, music, education, politics, and finance
- Home to 43 universities that form largest concentration of Higher Education in Europe
- 32 boroughs and villages offering exceptional cultures and hidden treasures
- One of the world's most diverse and multicultural cities... over 300 languages spoken
- From museums to famous theaters and from street markets to green spaces, London is a city for everyone
- Population: 8 million
Late applications for summer 2018 may be considered. Please contact Kate Dawson (email@example.com).
Application Deadlines: Applications will be accepted starting December 15. The application deadline is February 15. Emory College Study Abroad encourages students to submit their applications as early as possible, as some programs reach capacity by the end of January.
Acceptance Process: This program accepts applications on a rolling basis.
June 24 - July 28, 2018 (The official program dates are the arrival and departure dates for the program)
Program participants take one Sociology course for a total of 8 Emory credit hours; SOC390 for 8 credit hours fulfills 2 electives for the Sociology major or minor. It also fulfills 1 elective for the Global Health, Culture, & Society minor, 1 elective for the Predictive Health minor and 1 elective for Human Health major.
SOC 390: Health Care and Society Seminar Abroad
8 credit hours
Accommodations are at a residence hall with University College London. The dorm rooms are singles with their own small bathroom/shower.
Cost and Funding
A full description of the program costs and billing procedures is described in the budget sheet
Emory undergraduate students who qualify are considered by the Office of Financial Aid for a summer aid award after registration in summer study abroad classes. The amount of the award depends on the number of credits and current financial aid package. Students currently receiving financial aid from Emory are typically eligible. Contact the Office of Financial Aid for information about specific awards. Emory Scholars are informed separately about the procedures for Scholars Summer Study Abroad awards. Emory University Employee Courtesy Scholarships may be applied to the academic fee portion of the summer study abroad program's cost. For more information, please see Summer Study Abroad Scholarships.
Each summer study abroad program will have at least one mandatory pre-departure orientation session and/or other pre-departure activities for accepted program participants. The Program Director will contact program participants with details. Emory College Study Abroad will also offer a mandatory general pre-departure orientation in mid-April.
Summer Study Abroad Refund Policy
Summer Study Abroad Information for Visiting Students